Bed Bug Lawsuit Alleges Bites Suffered at California Disney Hotel
A Northern California family has filed a lawsuit over injuries suffered at a Disney hotel, alleging that they were bitten repeatedly by bedbugs during a 2014 visit.
The bed bug lawsuit was filed last week by Joseph and Danielle Jones, in Los Angeles Superior Court, against the Disney Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, according to reports from multiple media outlets.
The couple indicates that their vacation to Disney’s California Adventure in August 2014 was ruined by repeated bed bug bites suffered by them and their three daughters while at the hotel, which has allegedly suffered a history of bed bug complaints. However, the Disney hotel failed to take appropriate action to resolve the problems, and the family claims that they suffered bed bug bites all over their bodies, including on their nine-year-old daughter’s face.
Did You Know?
Millions of Philips CPAP Machines Recalled
Philips DreamStation, CPAP and BiPAP machines sold in recent years may pose a risk of cancer, lung damage and other injuries.Learn More
When the family reported the problem, the lawsuit claims the housekeeping manager claimed they suffered mosquito bites. However, a doctor confirmed that they had been bitten by bed bugs. The lawsuit indicates that their youngest daughter, who was only four years old at the time, will suffer permanent scarring.
The family presents charges against the hotel of battery, negligence, fraudulent concealment, nuisance, as well as intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
On the BedBugRegistry.com website, at least 11 guests have complained about bed bugs at the hotel since 2010.
"*" indicates required fields
More Top Stories
Eight women have filed Uber sexual assault lawsuits, claiming the rideshare service failed to protect them from predatory drivers due to its lack of safety measures.
A new report highlights how many women and families feel left out of Camp Lejeune settlement negotiations after suffering repeated miscarriages they say were caused by miscarriages on the North Carolina military base.
A Bard Infuse-A-Port lawsuit claims a piece of a failed port catheter broke off, causing a woman to suffer a pulmonary embolism which has resulted in fragments of the device remaining in her heart.