Hair relaxer lawsuits are likely to increase dramatically in coming months and years, due to decades of marketing the likely toxic chemical straighteners to Black women and children.
AboutLawsuits.com provides news and information about warnings, recalls and dangerous products that could impact the health and safety of you and your family.
More Top Stories
A federal judge has appointed a mediator to oversee Paragard IUD settlement negotiations.
A federal judge has declared 3M earplug lawsuit settlement efforts to be at an impasse after the manufacturer pulled out of negotiations to resolve hundreds of thousands of hearing loss claims.
The federal judge presiding over consolidated Tylenol, autism and ADHD lawsuits has called for parties to propose discovery plans which could help lead to the first bellwether trials.
Camp Lejeune Water Lawsuit Update
Water contamination at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina between 1953 and 1987 caused cancers, birth defects, miscarriages and other side effects for U.S. Marines and their family members.
Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Information and Updates
Regular exposure to chemicals in hair relaxer may cause uterine cancer, breast cancer and other injuries. Women diagnosed with cancer may be eligible for settlement benefits.
Philips CPAP Lawsuit Update
Millions of recalled Philips DreamStation, CPAP, BiPAP and ventilator machines may release toxic foam particles and chemicals into the air pathway.
Cartiva Toe Implant Lawsuit Information
Lawyers are reviewing Cartiva lawsuits for individuals who experienced complications after receiving the toe implant. Settlement benefits may be available.
Enfamil and Similac Baby Formula Lawsuit
Premature infants fed Similac or Enfamil cow's milk formula faced increased risk of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) or wrongful death.
Tylenol Autism Lawsuit Updates
Side effects of Tylenol may cause autism and ADHD among children exposed during pregnancy. Find out if your family may be eligible for a Tylenol autism or ADHD settlement.
Gardasil HPV Vaccine Lawsuit Update
Side effects of the Gardasil HPV vaccine have been linked to reports of serious and debilitating autoimmune injuries. Lawyers review cases nationwide.
Paraquat Parkinson’s Disease Lawsuits
Exposure to the toxic herbicide Paraquat has been linked to a risk of Parkinson's disease.
3M Earplug Lawsuit Update and Hearing Loss Settlement Info
Military service members between 2003 and 2015 may be eligible for a 3M earplug lawsuit payout over hearing damage or tinnitus. Find out if you may be eligible for a hearing loss settlement.
Sunscreen Cancer Lawsuits
Leukemia, lymphoma and other cancer may be caused by benzene in Neutrogena, Aveeno, Coppertone and other sunscreens.
Headlines From Past Two Weeks
Friday, January 27, 2023
- JPML Told Lawsuits Over Cancer from Hair Relaxer Will Be Filed By Women Nationwide in 2023
- Gardasil Side Effects Caused Neuropathic Injuries, Skin Reactions, HPV Vaccine Lawsuit Claims
- Coca-Cola Faces Class Action Lawsuit Over High PFAS Levels in Simply Orange Juice Products
- Court Consolidates 40 Zantac Lawsuits Pending in New York State for Pretrial Litigation
- Emergency Room Visits by Cancer Patients Often Preventable: Study
Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Umbilical Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Filed Over Covidien Symbotex Design Defects
- Salon Nail Dryers May Cause DNA Damage and Skin Cancer from Radiation, Researchers Warn
- Drugs Advertised on TV Often Have Low Therapeutic Value, Study Finds
- Cardiosave Hybrid and Rescue Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Recall Issued Due to Risk Blood May Enter Catheter
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Deadlines for Philips CPAP Lawsuits Leading Up To First Bellwether Trials Proposed By Parties
- FDA Proposes New Baby Food Lead Limits Amid Continuing Concerns About Autism, ADHD and Other Risks from Metals in Baby Food
- IVC Filter Problems Increasing, Possibly Due to Aging and Fracturing Risk: Study
- EPA Plans New Safety Regulations for Asbestos, Phthalates in 2023
- Disposable Duodenoscope Elevator Caps Appear Effective in Preventing Infections, Study Finds
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Class Action Lawsuit Over Hair Relaxer Cancer Risks Filed in Canada
- Newborn's Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) Injuries Caused By "Human Milk Fortifier", Lawsuit Claims
- Los Angeles Police Taser Use Results in Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Family of 31 Year Old Teacher
- Judge Approves Settlement for JUUL Vaping Addiction Lawsuits
- Head Injuries Linked to Increased Long-Term Risk of Death, Study Finds
Monday, January 23, 2023
- Paragard IUD Settlement Talks To Be Overseen By Court-Appointed Mediator
- Mentor MemoryShape Lawsuit Over Breast Implant-Associated ALCL Risk Cleared To Move Forward
- Study Will Test Method of Lowering Toxic Firefighter Foam Blood Levels Through Transfusions
- Plant Linked to Abbott Infant Formula Recall Under Investigation by DOJ
- Chemical Fire Investigation Highlights Need for Manufacturers to Inform Local Officials of Toxic Risks: CDC
Friday, January 20, 2023
- Court Declares 3M Earplug Lawsuit Settlement Efforts at an "Impasse," Terminating Further Mediation
- Lawsuit Alleges Strattice "Pig Skin" Mesh Is Defective, Resulting in Need for Hernia Revision Surgery
- Study Calls for Early Intervention, Monitoring of Traumatic Brain Injuries Among Infants and Toddlers
- Xeloda Black Box Warning Added Due toBleeding Risk with Blood Thinner Use
- USDA Introduces Tougher Standards for "Organic" Food Labeling
Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Discovery Over Link Between Tylenol and Autism, ADHD in Babies to Be Prioritized in MDL
- Lawsuits Over Cartiva Toe Implant Complications Voluntarily Withdrawn, Without Prejudice
- Inappropriate Use of Antipsychotics as Nursing Home Chemical Restraints to Be Investigated By CMS
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Fell By a Third Since 1991: Study
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Tepezza Hearing Loss Claimants Seek To Consolidate 10 Lawsuits Against Horizon Therapeutics Filed in Northern District of Illinois
- Exactech Truliant Knee Lawsuit Filed After Revision Surgery Caused By Degraded Polyethylene Insert
- Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects Linked to Increased Retinopathy Risk: Study
- Plans to Remove Potentially Carcinogenic Contaminants from Januvia, Janumet Outlined By Merck
- Gas Can Flame Mitigation Devices Required Under New CPSC Safety Standard
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Hair Relaxer Ovarian Cancer Lawsuit Filed By Woman Diagnosed At Age 35, Resulting in Hysterectomy and Chemotherapy
- Merck Concealed Gardasil Vaccine Risks from Parents, According to Lawsuit Filed By Teen Diagnosed With POTS
- Traffic Accidents Cost U.S. Hundreds of Billions of Dollars Per Year, NHTSA Reports
- Child Sex Abuse Lawsuit Payouts Could Cost Pennsylvania Schools Billions if Statute of Limitations Laws Lifted, Report Claims
Monday, January 16, 2023
- Similac Formula Lawsuit Filed Over "Catastrophic" Preterm Infant's NEC Death
- Environmental Group Files PFAS Contamination Lawsuit Against Pennsylvania Recycling Company
- Recalled Medical Devices Fast-Tracked Through FDA Approval Process Were Often Based on Flawed, Older Designs: Study
- Study Warns About Frequent Autoimmune Encephalitis Misdiagnosis, Even in Specialized Centers
Contact A LawyerSubmit Information About A Potential Claim For Review By A Lawyer.
"*" indicates required fields