More Than 100k PetSmart Dog Food Bowls Recalled Following Reports of Lacerations
PetSmart has recalled more than 100,000 dog bowls, following multiple reports of pet owners suffering cuts and lacerations from unfinished edges.
The PetSmart dog food bowl recall was announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) on September 1, impacting products sold under the “Top Paw Double Diner” brand.
At least three consumers have suffered injuries to their hands from the PetSmart dog bowls, which have a gasket at the bottom that can come off, leaving an unfinished edge that poses the risk of laceration.
Did You Know?
Millions of Philips CPAP Machines Recalled
Philips DreamStation, CPAP and BiPAP machines sold in recent years may pose a risk of cancer, lung damage and other injuries.Learn More
The recall affects the Top Paw Double Diner Dog Bowls; a set of two metal bowls held by a plastic gasket which surrounds the metal base. The bowls have an embossed dog paw print on the front. They also have an SKU number of 5270098, and an UPC number of 73725775404. These numbers can be found on a sticker on the underside wall of the product where the embossed paw print is.
The dog bowls were manufactured in India and imported by PetSmart Home Office Inc. The bowls were sold at PetSmart stores nationwide and online at www.petsmart.com from October 2017 through June 2021 for about $28. About 100,300 of the recalled Top Paw dog bowls were sold in the United States, according to the recall notice.
At this time, PetSmart is asking consumers to stop using the recalled dog bowls and to return the bowls to the nearest PetSmart store for a full refund.
Consumers who have questions can contact PetSmart at 888-839-9638 or online at www.petsmart.com and click on “Recalls” at the bottom of the page.
"*" indicates required fields
More Top Stories
A Wegovy gastroparesis lawsuit blames the weight loss drug for a stomach paralysis problems which left a woman with permanent injuries.
Uber faces a lawsuit from four passengers who say they were sexually assaulted by drivers, due to the company's lack of security measures and focus on passenger safety.
A Bard PowerPort lawsuit claims the defective design of the port catheter led to a woman developing a severe infection and needing to have the implant surgically removed.